Located along the beautiful Okanagan Lake, Kelowna is the business, cultural and tourism hub of the Okanagan Valley. Surrounded by mountains and filled with forests, lakes, gardens, orchards, vineyards and beaches, the scenery is among the best in Canada, paired with a climate that features mild winters and hot summers. The downtown features galleries, museums, theatres, casinos, fine dining and great shopping.
Overall, Kelowna offers a year-round paradise to people of all ages and is undoubtedly one of the best places to retire in all of Canada.
The Highlands Retirement Residence is located just off Glenmore Road. The rural neighborhood that The Highlands calls home offers residents peace and quiet, plenty of walking trails, and a slower pace of life. Remarkably, residents of The Highlands are able to enjoy all these benefits without having to sacrifice convenience as they still enjoy quick and easy access to shopping, medical services, churches and other community amenities.
- Highlands Shuttle Van runs twice weekly with front door service to multiple stops
- Handi-Dart bus by appointment
- Located along quiet, rural street
- Walking trails and parks close at hand
- Onsite parking for residents and their guests
- Minutes to:
- Glenpark Village Plaza which includes an I.G.A. Marketplace, drugstore with post office, banking, restaurants, and stores
- Glenvalley Health Centre - walk-in medical clinic, physiotherapy, chiropractor, dentist, massage therapist